Monday, September 10, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey. It's where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over via the link above and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.
 

Books Read (click on titles for review):
The Edgar Winners: 33rd Annual Anthology of the Mystery Writers of America by Bill Pronzini, ed
The Necropolis Railway by Andrew Martin
A Stranger in My Grave by Margaret Millar


Currently Reading:
Sweet Adelaide by Julian Symons: All her life Adelaide craved freedom: freedom from poverty, freedom from the ignorance and shame her birth condemned her to, and, most of all, freedom from the husband who repelled her. And Adelaide Bartlett knew just how to get what she wanted.... [based on a notorious unsolved 19th C murder]
 
 
Books that spark my interest:
The Somnambulist by Jonathan Barnes
11/22/63 by Stephen King
The Penguin Book of Victorian Women in Crime by Michael Sims (ed) 
Lake of Sorrows by Erin Hart
Star Trek & Philosophy: The Wrath of Kant by Jason T Eberl & Kevin S Decker (eds)
History of the Millennium (so Far) by Dave Barry
Murder at the MLA by D J H Jones
 

5 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I enjoyed 11/22/63...hope you do, too.

MY MONDAY MEMES POST

Jennifer said...

By-the-way, are you participating in BBAW (Book Blogger Apprectiation Week) this year? You might want to check out my latest post. I've been saying pretty things about you! :D

Lianne said...

I read Star Trek and Philosophy: The Wrath of Kant last year. It was hit and miss for me, as are most things that contain work by multiple authors. You can see my review here: http://thetoweringpile.blogspot.ca/2011/12/star-trek-and-philosophy-wrath-of-kant.html

Tanya Patrice said...

I've got 11/22/63 on my shelves but haven't started it yet. I haven't read any of the others you mentioned, so I'll have to check them out.

detweilermom said...

I listened to 11/22/63 on audio and really enjoyed it. Have a great reading week.