Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pick of the Month & February Wrap Up

This year I will be combining my monthly wrap-up post with Kerrie's Crime Fiction Pick of the Month over at Mysteries in Paradise.



My February totals are still lagging behind my last year's pace. I've had a slow start--in part because I still haven't figured out how to adjust my reading schedule around my new lunch-time schedule (which basically consists of me using up my lunch hour four days a week in errand-running--Ick!). You wouldn't think missing that one hour of reading time each day would mess up my schedule so much. But it does. Here we go...

Total Books Read: 13
Total Pages: 3528
Percentage by Female Authors: 38%

Percentage by US Authors: 62%

Percentage by non-US/non-British Authors: 7%
Percentage Mystery: 38%
Percentage Fiction: 77%
Percentage written 2000+: 23%
Percentage of Rereads: 7%
Percentage Read for Challenges: 100% {It's eas
y to have every book count for a challenge when you sign up for as many as I do.}

Number of Challenges fulfilled so far: 2 (6%)




AND, as mentioned above, Kerrie is sponsoring a new meme for those of us who track our reading. What she's looking for is our Top Mystery Read for each month. In February, I read six books that count as mysteries. I handed out one five star award to my only reread--The Hound of the Baskervilles and two four stars ratings to A Spark of Death by Bernadette Pajer and The Yellow Room by Mary Roberts Rinehart. If I have to pick one book as the Top Mystery Read, then I'd like to draw your attention to A Spark of Death. It is the debut novel in a new historical mystery series and Pajer gets so many thing right from the start. It's also my favorite because it gets me on two of my sub-genre topics--historical and academic. A definite winner! Click titles for review.


2 comments:

fredamans said...

Really good month Bev! Happy March reading!

Kerrie said...

Thanks for taking part in the meme Bev. A SPARK OF DEATH looks interesting