Monday, January 17, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey. It's where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over via the link above and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.


Books Read Last Week (click on titles for review):
5 Bullets by Lee Thayer

Currently Reading:
Time to Be in Earnest: a fragment of autobiography by P. D. James At age 77, the much loved and internationally acclaimed author of mysteries took to heart Dr. Johnson's advice that at seventy-seven it is "time to be in earnest." She decided to undertake a book unlike any she had written before: a personal memoir in the form of a diary. This enchanting and highly original volume is the result. Structured as the diary of a single year, it roams back and forth through time, illuminating James's extraordinary, sometimes painful and sometimes joyful life.

Books that spark my interest:
Publish & Be Murdered by Ruth Dudley Edwards
The X in Sex: How the X Chromosome Controls Our Lives by David Bainbridge
Zorro: A Novel by Isabel Allende

All books on the docket for reading challenges. Speaking of...I better up the reading output or I'm not gonna make that 219 books read for the Outdo Yourself Challenge. Off to read!


5 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

The Chinese Orange Mystery sounds interesting...off to peek at your review!

Cat said...

I love the sound of the P.D James 'fragment of autobiography'. Must see if I can track it down here.

Happy reading! :-)

Irene Palfy said...

The Allende book interests me too.

pussreboots said...

I mostly Cybils short list books this week and some short stories. Come see the full list.

Zorro's an interesting book. Have you read the original?

Bev Hankins said...

@pussreboots: No, I haven't. I was looking for a book whose title started with a Z for my alphabet challenge. This looked like an interesting candidate.