Friday, June 25, 2010

A Very Peculiar Particular Murder

Wow. S. T. Haymon has provided a double-twist ending. And I didn't see either one of them coming. I certainly wouldn't have guessed that.....(sorry, don't want to spoil the ending) or that.....would happen next. It's been a long time since an ending has surprised me like that (Ten Little Indians [And Then There Were None] by Christie?? That may be the last one.) The writing is a bit convoluted at the end...otherwise, I would have rated this one higher in Virtual Bookshelf (FaceBook). [I gave it 3 and 1/2 stars out of 5.] And I might have been even more surprised if I hadn't had to reread certain sentences to make sure I got what Haymon was trying to say. I also deducted points for the physicist bits. A bit much when all one wants is a good read. Every once in a while I DO want to read about science...but I head to the non-fiction section for that.

No comments: